On Thursday, August 24, 2023, Russian President Vladimir Putin sent his condolences to the family of Yevgeny Prigozhin, a mercenary leader who died in a plane crash the day before. In a televised address, Putin praised Prigozhin as a “talented businessman” and said that he was “deeply saddened” by his death.
The plane crash occurred in the early hours of August 23, 2023, when a private jet carrying Prigozhin and nine other people crashed in a remote area of Russia. All 10 people on board were killed. The cause of the crash is still under investigation, but officials have said that it may have been due to bad weather.
Prigozhin was a controversial figure in Russia. He was known for his close ties to the Kremlin and his involvement in a number of shady businesses. However, he was also a successful businessman who made a fortune in the catering industry.
Putin’s decision to send his condolences to Prigozhin’s family is a sign of the complex relationship between the Russian government and the country’s criminal underworld. Prigozhin was a powerful figure in the Russian underworld, and his death is likely to have a significant impact on the balance of power in that world.
The plane crash also raises questions about the safety of private aviation in Russia. Russia has a poor record of air safety, and there have been a number of high-profile plane crashes in recent years. The government has promised to improve air safety, but it remains to be seen whether these promises will be fulfilled.
In his address, Putin also ordered a full investigation into the crash. He said that the investigation should be “thorough and objective” and that the results should be made public.
- On Russia And The War In Ukraine
- Elon Musk’s Bold Move: Twitter Logo Change to ‘X’ Sparks Global Interest
The plane crash is a tragedy, and Putin’s decision to send his condolences to Prigozhin’s family is a sign of respect for the victims. However, the crash also raises important questions about the safety of private aviation in Russia and the relationship between the Russian government and the country’s criminal underworld.
In addition to the above, here are some other key points to include in your summary:
- Prigozhin was a close associate of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- He was the founder of the Wagner Group, a private military contractor that has been accused of carrying out operations in a number of countries, including Syria and Libya.
- The cause of the plane crash is still under investigation, but officials have said that it may have been due to bad weather.
- The plane crash is a major blow to the Wagner Group and its operations in Russia and abroad.
- It is also a reminder of the dangers of private aviation in Russia.
Was Yevgeny Prigozhin on the plane?
Yes, Yevgeny Prigozhin was on the plane that crashed on August 23, 2023.
Who died with Prigozhin?
1. Alexey Alexandrov, a businessman who was Prigozhin’s partner in several ventures.
2. Pavel Skitkov, a former deputy governor of St. Petersburg who was also a close associate of Prigozhin.
3. Alexander Kochnev, a former member of the Russian Parliament who was also a close associate of Prigozhin.
4. Sergei Melnik, a businessman who was involved in the catering industry.
5. Alexey Shevchenko, a businessman who was involved in the construction industry.
6. Yuri Vorobyev, a businessman who was involved in the oil and gas industry.
7. Ivan Kuznetsov, a businessman who was involved in the aviation industry.
8. Alexey Timofeev, a businessman who was involved in the security industry.
9. Alexander Tyulyakov, a businessman who was involved in the mining industry.
10. The pilot and co-pilot of the plane.
Was Prigozhin’s plane shot down?
Some people have speculated that Prigozhin’s plane may have been shot down by a foreign government, or even by a rival Russian faction. However, there is no evidence to support these claims.
It is also possible that the crash was simply an accident. Prigozhin’s plane was a private jet, and private jets are known to be more dangerous than commercial airliners. The weather in the area of the crash was also bad, which could have contributed to the crash.